Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ignore That

You can ignore that, I guess. I found a bottle of wine in the drawer of my bosses old desk, some Christmas or Birthday present perhaps that never got delivered, so I thought I'd toast to my survival. Having not drank in some 18 months, and barely having eaten recently, it hit me a little hard. It was stupid of me really, anything could have happened.

I'm reminded of The Tempest, by Shakespeare. Of Caliban in paticular;

"Be not afraid; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again; and then in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
I cried to dream again."

I'm no scholar. Just some guy who remembers stupid stuff. Anyway, as I say, ignore the last one. I'll be back soon with some more information; I managed to find a rough generator, at least. Had to fight a wild dog for it (at least, I think it was a dog. I hope it wasnt some giant rat or something). I say fight, the thing could barely growl and limp towards me; more of a mercy killing than anything. I'm not proud to say that it isn't the first animal I've killed since leaving the bunker.

My first thought was "Great, lunch!" but I couldnt go through with it. Eating Rover or Spot, some family's beloved pet, made my stomach turn, and I haven't eaten since. I buried the poor thing.

Now... anybody know how to fix up a Honda EM65is? Hit me back. It's the biggest they had, and my best chance. Nights are getting rough now, and there's a hell of a lot of rain outside, it's proving hard to stay warm. Still.

Keep surviving guys.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment